Uninsured Yonkers Families Enroll for Health Care Under the New Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (Source: Yonkers Tribune)
Source: Yonkers Tribune
More than 100 of Yonkers working families flooded the Riverfront Library in downtown Yonkers on Saturday to learn more about new and affordable health care options through the Affordable Care Act (ACA), known as Obamacare.
The Westchester Black Women’s Political Caucus, Inc.-Yonkers chapter (WBWPC) hosted a free public information fair and community forum for residents and joined with local health access experts, health insurance providers and community groups to educate and enroll Yonkers families for health care in the new insurance marketplace or ‘exchange’. Other experts and health care providers provided valuable information on important health care resources locally available for low-income and working families.Andrea Stewart-Cousins Authored by Senator: Authored by Senator Show like button: Display Facebook Like button
Most Popular Today
- Address to the Board of Education on Common Core
- Noam Meltdown 2: Hysterical New Rochelle Mayor Invokes Joseph McCarthy in Local City Council Discussion
- Plea Deal in Death of New Rochelle Resident Amy Taylor, Louis Nardella, Jr. Sentenced 2-6 Years For Vehicular Manslaughter
- New Rochelle High School Librarian Arrested in Sex Sting Involving 16-Year Old Student
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?
- Astorino Teams Up With NFL And Local Schools For Super Bowl Project To Help Children In Need