There has been a bit of confusion and controversy over an announcement recently posted to the City of New Rochelle web site.
I sent a series of questions to City spokesperson Kathy Gilwit based on the concerns raised to me; she got a response from New Rochelle Development Commissioner Michael Freimuth (below).
Talk of the Sound Questions:
1. What is the word-for-word difference between the original proposal and the modified proposal?
2. Why were words added or removed?
3. What was/were the precipitating event(s) that drove the decision to make a modification?
4. What is the technical or legal effect of the change in language?
5. What is the practical effect of the language?
6. Was Monroe College a factor, directly or indirectly, in the decision to create what became the Modified Bid Posting Armory.
New Rochelle Development Commissioner Michael Freimuth responded: