NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- Four people, family members, sufferend injuries from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a three-family house at 83 Horton Avenue in New Rochelle. One person was in critical condition. All four were taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx.
Among the injured were 2 adults and 2 children. A mother and daughter residing on the third floor were among them, said neighbors. The daughter is a student at New Rochelle High School, according to one resident. In all, twelve residents self-evacuated.