Dear talk of the Sound, can you find out any info about recent rumors that are now circulating about new and more firefighter layoffs?
Rumor has it, United Water is wanting to raise the fire hydrant fee that it charges the City. I do not know the cost of this fee, but heard it is astronomical. The dollar amounts I have heard seem very unreal to me. I was told that the City's response was, if United Water raises the fee, more firefighters will be laid off.
Oh, and one more rumor going around was that the City asked the Fire Union President to make a statement stating that, if the fire hydrant fee is increased and firefighters are laid off, this would be a serious safety concern to the citizens of New Rochelle. I find this odd because last year, the firefighters were asked to give up their raise or have their fellow firefighters loose their jobs! Wasn't that the same safety issue that the City is talking about now?
Any light you could shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
concerned Citizen's blog
Most Popular Today
- Two New Rochelle Dads Ditch Their Finance Jobs To Pursue Their Own Field Of Dreams
- Serial Tagger Leaving a Trail of BLUR in New Rochelle
- Isaac E Young Middle School Educator Receives National Honor From Siemens Foundation
- TORA! TORA! TORA!: Mayor Launches Pearl Harbor Style Sneak Attack on New Rochelle Armory with Midnight Legislation in Albany
- Fox News Channel Takes New Rochelle Gadsden Flag Global
- 04/25 Coffee and Conversation with New Rochelle Board of Education President David Lacher 9:30 AM