Dear talk of the Sound, can you find out any info about recent rumors that are now circulating about new and more firefighter layoffs?
Rumor has it, United Water is wanting to raise the fire hydrant fee that it charges the City. I do not know the cost of this fee, but heard it is astronomical. The dollar amounts I have heard seem very unreal to me. I was told that the City's response was, if United Water raises the fee, more firefighters will be laid off.
Oh, and one more rumor going around was that the City asked the Fire Union President to make a statement stating that, if the fire hydrant fee is increased and firefighters are laid off, this would be a serious safety concern to the citizens of New Rochelle. I find this odd because last year, the firefighters were asked to give up their raise or have their fellow firefighters loose their jobs! Wasn't that the same safety issue that the City is talking about now?
Any light you could shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
concerned Citizen's blog
Most Popular Today
- 2011 Discussion and Vote on Maple Center Elderly Housing Project
- Cause of Action Releases Pt. III of Investigation into Bramson's Favorite Developer - Forest City
- Address to the Board of Education on Common Core
- Why is City of New Rochelle Stonewalling on Army Corps of Engineers Report?
- No Indictment in Police Involved Shooting of Samuel Cruz in New Rochelle
- Public Hearings for December 10th and 17lth