The Fireman's Prayer
"When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage;
Give me the strength to save some life, whatever be it's age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is to late;
Or save an older person from the horrors of that fate.
Enable me to be alert, and hear the weakest shout,
and quickly and efficiently put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me;
To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.
And if according to Your will I am to give my life,
Please bless with Your protecting hand,
My children and my wife."
Most Popular Today
- Westchester County Police Seize $59,000 Worth Of Heroin in New Rochelle Traffic Stop
- Mayhem at New Rochelle City Hall as Bramson "Water Tortures" City Council Over Echo Bay Vote
- Cause of Action Releases Pt. III of Investigation into Bramson's Favorite Developer - Forest City
- Public Hearing Tonight on Motor Vehicle Dealership Zoning Changes: Time To Rid New Rochelle of Parasitic Car Dealers
- Rocco F. Cassone (1922 - 2013)
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?