The Fireman's Prayer
"When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage;
Give me the strength to save some life, whatever be it's age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is to late;
Or save an older person from the horrors of that fate.
Enable me to be alert, and hear the weakest shout,
and quickly and efficiently put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me;
To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.
And if according to Your will I am to give my life,
Please bless with Your protecting hand,
My children and my wife."
Most Popular Today
- UPDATE: New Rochelle Corporation Counsel Bernis Shapiro Fired for Insubordination
- Lacher's Medical Insurance Woes: The Story Behind the Story
- Taxpayer Dollars Used to Pay Medical Insurance Premiums for New Rochelle Board of Education President
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?
- How to Submit a Blog Post Directly to Talk of the Sound Using Your Web Browser
- What is RSS, Why Use an RSS Reader and How to Get Started