Can anyone speak to why there is sooooooo much politics in New Rochelle's Little League Baseball. First to those so called COACHES who use a rig system so the best players are on their respective teams, do you actually think you are winning or accomplishing something of any significance. You're not. The whole system of who is on what team and which coach gets which players are a joke. The stupid part is everyone knows its rigged, the parents, the umps, the politicians, The coaches and unfortunately the kids. It is hard to describe or understand how these so called adults think what they are doing is some how good, fair or noble. There's ONE bogus tryouts just to see if there is a new kid the riggers didn't know about, then there's the practices, which, by the way, have some sort of "shit runs down hill" hierarchy, where certain coaches have the right to use certain fields when ever they want, if one is not high enough on the food chain then tough. There's no structured or formal training or instructions, especially on the written and unwritten rules of the game to the kids. The rules are loosely interpreted on the field, many times in front of the kids, in heated exchanges. The kids see, hear and understand all of this. By the way this is not exclusive to Youth Baseball.
New Rochelle Voices
Mayo contends that there is no basis for the assertions by Mayor Noam Bramson that the Gadsden Flag belongs to any private party or entity. The removal of the flag from the Armory is nothing more than the suppression of the First Amendment.
Steve Mayo is an attorney and businessman. He is the host of The Steve Mayo Show on WVOX. He was the Republican nominee for City Council District 6 in 2011.
Most Popular Today
- Free Concert Postponed for Sunday May 26th Blood Sweat And Tears Performs Live at Glen Island New Rochelle for A Memorial Day Extravaganza Tomorrow
- Yet Another New Rochelle Schools Employee Arrested, Vicious Assault Leaves Man and Woman Seriously Injured, Second Man Found Unconscious with Fractured Skull
- Bob Cox for New Rochelle Schools
- Be Sure to Honor Memorial Day this Weekend in New Rochelle & Pelham
- New Rochelle UVMPA Hosting a Free Memorial Day Concert starring Blood Sweat and Tears at Glen Island Saturday May 25th
- Proposed Iona Dorm Hearing Revisited