ALBANY, NY -- Separate audits of Metro-North Railroad and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) found they failed to properly manage overtime paid by funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), allowing abuses such as allowing some conductors to charge overtime for tasks such as washing up for work, New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli announced today.
Most Popular Today
- Famed New Rochelle Photographer's Iconic Photos Include Peter Seeger as a Young Man
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?
- Interim Superintendent's Budget Message on City School District of New Rochelle Preliminary Budget 2014-2015
- Lesson Number Two: Why Did New Rochelle Schools Pay $5,792 to Move Dirt to Make Room for "Snow Storage"
- New Rochelle Fire Department Responds to Reports of Person in Glenwood Lake
- New Rochelle High School Librarian Arrested in Sex Sting Involving 16-Year Old Student