ALBANY, NY -- Separate audits of Metro-North Railroad and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) found they failed to properly manage overtime paid by funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), allowing abuses such as allowing some conductors to charge overtime for tasks such as washing up for work, New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli announced today.
Most Popular Today
- United Citizens for a Better New Rochelle Responds to Talk of the Sound Report on Board of Ed VP Lianne Merchant
- Lacher's Medical Insurance Debts and His Conflict of Interest with Assistant Superintendent for Business & Administration John Quinn
- New Rochelle Schools Contractor Behind Flag Pole Painting and Asbestos Exposure Low Bidder on 3 of 4 District Contracts
- GETTING RESULTS: New Rochelle School District Bans Contractor Over Davis Asbestos Exposure Incident
- GETTING RESULTS: New Rochelle School District Revises Overtime Policy, Places Strict Limits to Prevent Abuse
- What is RSS, Why Use an RSS Reader and How to Get Started