Jump down to Talk of the Sound Rate Card.
Why Advertise with Talk of the Sound?
In just three short years, Talk of the Sound has become the go-to, must-read news source for New Rochelle with its unique blend of timely hyper-local news and information, hard-hitting investigative reporting and strong opinion from both contributors and readers who engage with each other through an active and lively comment section. The site focuses exclusively on New Rochelle, the seventh-largest city in New York State with a population of 75,000 people. By every measure, Talk of the Sound is the most widely read source of news and information in New Rochelle with more than 50,000 unique visitors a month serving up over 125,000 page views a month. Launched on September 1, 2008, Talk of the Sound has had over a million readers and served up more than 2.7 mm page views. The site has gained a well-deserved reputation as the place to go to get the inside story in New Rochelle and is widely read among key influencers in the City of New Rochelle.
Demographics of Talk of the Sound Readers
- Male 54%; Female 46%
- 53% are between the age of 45 and 65
- 61% have a college and/or post-graduate degree
- 75% own their own home or plan to buy one soon
- 45% earn over $125,000 a year
- 66% are married
- 63% have children in their household; mostly K-12
Online Behavior of Talk of the Sound Readers
- 35% spend more than 30 hours a week online
- 86% make purchase decisions online
- 67% buy from online retailers
- 30% buy from auction/classified sites
Internet Referral Data for Talk of the Sound Readers
- 66% of Talk of the Sound traffic comes from just 10 main sources
- 75% of main source traffic is from the two major New Rochelle area Internet service providers -- Optimum Online and Verizon FIOS
- Other major traffic sources include New Rochelle City Hall, County of Westchester, and local schools including Iona College, College of New Rochelle and the City School District of New Rochelle
Demographics for Westchester County, New Rochelle and Surrounding Area
- Westchester County (pop. 923,459) - White 64.1%, Latino 15.7%, Black 13.4%, Asian 4.5%, Median Household Income of $120,500
- New Rochelle (pop. 72,585) - White 52.5%, Latino 24.3%, Black 17.7%, Asian 4.1%, MH Income of $64,756. Families represent 67.6% of households
- Scarsdale (pop.17,823) - White 81.9%, Asian 12.6%, Latino 2.6%, Black 1.5%, MH Income of $221,825
- Larchmont (pop. 6,485) - White 90.8%, Latino 4.5%, Asian 2.8%, MH Income of $149,700
- Eastchester (pop. 31,318) - White 84.6%, Asian 6.9%, Latino 4.5%, MH Income of $91,209
- Pelham (pop. 11,866) - White 83.5%, Latino 6%, Black 4.6%, Asian 4.0% MH Income of $100,133
Search Engine/Aggregator Information for Talk of the Sound
- Google Page Rank of 3 with 50,000 entries archived
- Talk of the Sound is typically ranked among the Top 10 search results for the keyword “New Rochelle”
- Talk of the Sound is part of Google News
- Talk of the Sound is part of Topix
Other Talk of the Sound Platforms
- Talk of the Sound iPhone App
- Talk of the Sound Live Radio Show & Podcast
- Talk of the Sound Events Calendar
- Talk of the Sound Newsletter
All display ads run on all pages except where indicated; all prices quoted on CPM basis.*
Premier Advertising Opportunities
Leaderboard (728 x 90 space at very top of home page) - $12.00
Talk of the Sound Calendar Sponsor (468 x 60 banner, text link in top right block) - $14.00
Talk of the Sound Poll (250 x 90 within 250 x 300) - $6.00
Top Block Left (300 x 300) - $6.00 [front page only]
Right Column Advertising Opportunities
Small Block (250 x 90) - $2.00
Large Block (250 x 300) - $6.00
Skyscraper (250 x 600) - $12.00
Middle Column Advertising Opportunities
Small Block (210 x 90) - $1.50
Large Block (210 x 250) - $5.00
Skyscraper (210 x 600) - $10.00
Text Link Advertising Opportunities 600 pixels of text with hyperlink in lower right block – $0.25
Newsletter Talk of the Sound sends out a weekly newsletter to over 2,000 subscribers. Ask about sponsorship and placement opportunities.
Radio Show Talk of the Sound broadcasts a weekly radio show and podcast. Ask about sponsorship and placement opportunities.
- 3 Month Term - 10%
- 6 Month Contract - 15%
- 12 Month Contract - 25%
10% (applied after applying term discount)
ADVERTISING PLACEMENT: Positioning of advertisements is at the sole discretion of the Publisher except if the Publisher acknowledges a specific position in writing. Advertising is rotated and interspersed throughout. Courtesy is paid to special requests whenever possible.
CANCELLATIONS: No cancellations accepted after the ad begins to run on Talk of the Sound, and none will be considered executed unless acknowledged in writing by a representative of Talk of the Sound.
AD PREP SERVICE: Your ad can be prepared for publication by Talk of the Sound. The charge will be assessed on the first insertion of the ad. Advertising design, preparation, and production services are available. Please request an estimate.
CONTACT: Robert Cox at email@example.com or 914-500-8386.
*What is CPM and effective CPM rate?