RYE BROOK, NY -- Forty of Westchester County’s up-and-coming business leaders will receive the 2015 “Rising Star” Award from The Business Council of Westchester.
Amont them are three leaders with connections to New Rochelle. Andrea Contreras of Altium Wealth Management resides in New Rochelle. Kelvin Joseph, Chief Operating Officer of Steiner Sports and Jeffrey Hogan, Energy & Sustainability Manager, at Montefiore Hospital both work in New Rochelle.
In unveiling the next class of winners, The Business Council is pleased to recognize individuals who work with some of Westchester County’s most vital companies, institutions and organizations. The honorees represent some of the finest young talents in the region, said Marsha Gordon, president and CEO of The Business Council.
“We are excited to celebrate this honor with our 2015 winners, who represent just about every industry and profession in Westchester,” said Gordon. “Our Rising Stars program shows that we have top-tier talent in the county -- and this is an impressive class of winners.”
This year’s winners represent a wide-range of professionals from various backgrounds including marketing, advertising, public safety, government, media, health care, education, social work, hospitality and nonprofits, among others. The selection process was competitive and led by Maria Bronzi, Director at Altium Wealth Management. Bronzi, who is chair of the Rising Stars program, received “40 Under 40” honors in 2011.
Tara Rosenblum of News12 Westchester is returning as the event’s emcee. The anchor/reporter has more than 150 major industry awards, including 8 Emmy awards and 44 Emmy nominations. In 2014, she was the most nominated reporter in the state and broke an Emmy record for garnering the most individual craft reporter categories in award history. Rosenblum earned “40 Under 40” honors in 2007.
The winners will receive their Rising Star award during a ceremony on June 11 at 800 Westchester Avenue, Rye Brook. The program is modeled after the national business recognition program “Forty under Forty” and Rising Stars is specifically designed to recognize individuals under the age of 40 who exemplify leadership, foresight and a vision for the future of Westchester County. Winners were selected based on professional and/or entrepreneurial accomplishments, demonstrated leadership qualities and professional and/or business affiliations.
The 2015 Rising Stars are as follows:
- Jessica Antonette, CEO/Owner, JTonezMusic Corp.
- Jennifer Bannan, Director of Advertising & Marketing, Thompson & Bender
- Vincenzo Battaglia, Police Sergeant, White Plains Department of Public Safety
- David Buchwald, New York State Assemblyman
- Donvil Collins, Founder & President, VeeKast
- Andrea Contreras, Manager, Client Services, Altium Wealth Management
- Anthony D'Arpino, Founder & Owner, Harrison Wine Vault
- Andrew Edge, AVP - Business Banking & Commercial Lender, CMS Bank
- April Fatato Grundman, Onsite Owner and Educational Director, The Goddard School Yorktown
- Bonnie Fogarty, Executive Director, Community YMCA
- Megan Gann, Business Development Manager, Westchester Hills Golf Club
- Anna Geller, Director, Business Analysis & Acquisitions, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
- Richard Giacovas, Producer/on air talent, News 12
- Jeffrey Hogan, Energy & Sustainability Manager, Montefiore Hospital
- Kelvin Joseph, Chief Operating Officer, Steiner Sports
- Nikhil Kumar, Vice President, Undergraduate Enrollment Management, Manhattanville College
- Ashley Ley, Technical Director, AKRF, Inc
- Anthony Luisi, Associate, Cuddy & Feder LLP
- Kimberly Mallard, Senior Vice President, Executive Operations, Tommie Copper
- Anna Linda Marciano, Assistant General Counsel, Heineken USA, Incorporated
- Ryan McAuliffe, Vice President, M&T Bank
- Jaime McGill, Executive Director, Yonkers Industrial Development Agency
- Alan Murray, Chief Executive Officer, North Shore-LIJ CareConnect Insurance Company, Inc.
- Erin Nesbitt, Director, Program Management, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jessica Oliva, CEO, Fit Mama 4 Life
- Jill Ortiz, VP Finance & Accounting, Diamond Properties
- Linda Parry, CEO, Product Launchers
- Christopher, Phillips Senior Vice President, Product Platform and Technology, Mindspark Interactive.
- Regina Poniros-Simonetti, Controller, Robert Martin Company LLC
- David Putrino, Director, Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation, Burke Medical Research Institute
- Amit Rajani, CEO, General Dentist, Yonkers Avenue Dental
- John Rubbo, Founder and “Brew-EO,” Yonkers Brewing Company
- Eliza Scheibel, Associate, Wilson Elser
- Timothy Schlauraff, Department Manager, Consolidated Edison of NY
- Jamell Scott, Dean of Scholars and Families/Athletic Director Amani Public Charter School
- Diana Seo, Owner, B Spa & Salon
- Nicholas Singer, Managing Member, Purchase Capital
- Loren Ward, Vice President, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- John White III, Firefighter, City of Yonkers Fire Department
- Eleni Zimmerman, Social Work Advanced Clinician, New York Presbyterian Hospital – Eating Disorders Unit