Captain Jack LaBella Ret. NRFD, a resident of North White Plains died on December 7, 2012 after a long, courageous battle with cancer. He was 69.Jack was born on April 22, 1943 in Bridgeport Ct. to the late Leonard and Lillian (Ward) LaBella. He was a New Rochelle Firefighter for 32 years having retired as a Captain. He served in the US Navy during the Vietnam War. He was a member of the New Rochelle Empire Hogs Motorcycle club. He was an avid fisherman and singer who loved to barbeque with his friends and family. He enjoyed the camaraderie of the Hatuey Cigar Lounge. He is survived by his wife Susan Coppola; His three sons Mark Leonard, Zachary and Christopher LaBella; his stepson Russell Coppola and stepdaughter Sara Kilgallen; his five grandchildren Emma and James LaBella, Sofia Coppola, Connor, Quinn and Noah Kilgallen; his three brothers Leonard (Rose) LaBella, Robert LaBella and Fred LaBella; his sister Lorraine LaBella. He was predeceased by his son Graham. He is also survived by several nieces and nephews.Visiting will be Monday and Tuesday 4-8pm at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc. 16 Shea Pl. New Rochelle, NY. A funeral Mass is scheduled for Wednesday 12 noon at Holy Name Church. Interment will be private.
Captain Jack LaBella Ret. New Rochelle Fireman
Most Popular Today
- GETTING RESULTS: City of New Rochelle Removes Job Posting for School Security Specialist
- Address to the Board of Education on Common Core
- New York State University System Hires Convicted Felon Vito Costa Weeks after Pleading Guilty to Theft in New Rochelle
- New Rochelle High School Librarian Arrested in Sex Sting Involving 16-Year Old Student
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?
- New York State Investigation of Asbestos Exposure Incident at New Rochelle's Davis Elementary School Continues