NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- New Rochelle residents, Michael and Najat Coughlin believe that growing up in today’s world isn’t easy for any child. Within the community, some boys and girls are forced to find recreation and companionship in the streets. An increasing number of kids are left at home with no adult care or supervision. And far too many lack positive role models to guide them towards making healthy lifestyle choices, informed career decisions and living successful lives.
The Coughlins know that since opening its doors in 1929, the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle has been the place where success stories begin. While at the Club, members find friends, enjoy a safe haven from the streets and have the opportunity to participate in activities that both educate and uplift them. Recognizing the important work performed by the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle, as well as the organization’s critical need for funding, Michael and Najat Coughlin have emerged as co-chairs for the 2013-2014 “It Just Takes One” Annual Campaign.
“It Just Takes One” is key fundraising campaign that supports the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle’s youth programming, general operations and facility upgrades. The Coughlins will join fellow Co-Chair, Barbara Ellsworth-Robinson in raising $50,000 from individuals, families and companies to support the organization’s mission and message. Donations of all amounts are encouraged and past supporters include business executives, corporations, local philanthropists, restaurants and civic groups willing to invest in supporting the 2,000 children served by the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle each year.
“Najat and I are honored to lend our energy and efforts in support of the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle,” says Michael Coughlin. “Our sincere hope is that people will follow our example and realize anyone can make a difference in the life of a child!” A donation to the “It Just Takes One” campaign is truly an investment that will help children build bright futures. ”
This year’s “It Just Takes One” recognition benefits include:
Donors of $50 and higher receive:
• A 2013 “It Just Takes One” commemorative t-shirt
Donors of $100 and higher receive:
• Recognition in Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle’s Annual Report
• Listing on the 2013 “It Just Takes One” display at the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle Mascaro Clubhouse
• Donor listing at the Mercedes Benz of New Rochelle Showroom during the • March 1, 2014 BE GREAT event
Donors of $1,000 and higher receive:
• Inclusion in Donor List running continuously on Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle website
Donors of $2,500 and higher receive:
• Inclusion in Donor List on Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle website
• 2 invitations to the Annual Founders Reception (Spring 2014)
Donors of $5,000 and higher receive:
• Company logo on Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle website
• Inclusion on relevant press releases and print materials
• Recognition in Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle newsletter
• 4 invitations to the Annual Founder’s Reception (Spring 2014)
Leadership Gifts of $10,000 and higher receive:
• Individual press release
• Company logo is prominently displayed on Donor List
• Name/logo inclusion on the Annual Founders Reception Invitation
“Michael Coughlin began the year as a new volunteer on our 51st Annual Golf Outing Committee,” said Quay Watkins, Executive Director for the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle.” “I can’t begin to thank he and his wife Najat, for increasing their involvement to support our annual campaign. They are proof positive that it just takes one “couple” to have a positive impact on a child’s life!”
The Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle offers high quality programming for children ages 6-18 at five locations throughout the city. The programs are designed to enhance self-esteem, life skills, career development and good behavior. In addition to after school and vacation programs, there is also a summer camp. The Boys and Girls Club of New Rochelle stresses character and leadership, education and career development, the arts, health and life skills and sports and fitness.
All contributions to the “It Just Takes One” annual campaign are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. For more information about donating, contact Rudy Breedy, Chief Development Officer, at (914) 235-3736 or [email protected] or visit www.bgcnr.org.