WESTCHESTER, NY -- Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that Leroi Bouche (DOB 02/13/87) of 42 Sheridan Avenue, Mount Vernon, New York was arraigned today on a 10 count indictment charging him with:
• one count of Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer, a class “B” Felony,
• one count of Assault in the First Degree, a class “B” Felony,
• one count of Assault on a Police Officer, a class ”C” Felony,
• two counts of Assault in the Second Degree, class “D” Felonies,
• two counts of Criminal Mischief in the Second Degree, class “D” Felonies,
• one count of Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting and Personal Injury, a class “E” Felony under the NYS VTL,
• one count of Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle in the Third Degree, a class “A” Misdemeanor under the NYS VTL,
• one count of Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting and Property Damage, a class “B” Misdemeanor under the NYS VTL.
On June 6, 2014, at approximately 7:15 a.m. at the rear parking lot of 630 East Lincoln Avenue, in Mount Vernon, the defendant drove a motor vehicle at a high rate of speed at a Yonkers police detective who along with other members of WDANI – Westchester District Attorney’s Narcotics Initiative were attempting to effect a car stop.
The detective was clearly identified by his clothing as a police officer and did identify himself as a police officer to the defendant and did order the defendant to stop the vehicle prior to the defendant accelerating the vehicle and striking the detective, seriously injuring him.
He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx where he remained for several days.
The defendant fled the scene on foot and was located and arrested on June 12th, 2014 in the Bronx.
The defendant was remanded.
His next court appearance will be on August 5th, 2014.
He faces a maximum sentence of twenty five years in prison.
Assistant District Attorney John O’Rourke, Major Case Coordinator and Assistant District Attorney Laura Murphy of the Superior Court Trial Division are prosecuting the case.
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.