NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- The City Council of New Rochelle received a report tonight from Barry Nechis, the OEM/EMS Coordinator who discovered multiple streets with various spellings as recorded on the FD/PD Map, New Rochelle Assessors Portal, Street Sign, County 911, D.E.S. CAD, and the U.S.P.S. These discrepancies can create a nuisance for delivery services and a serious safety problem for Emergency Response personnel. A survey was thus created and sent to the property owners on the affected streets to get feedback on the preferred name.
Nechis, along with DPW Commissioner Alex Tergis, made recommendation on changing certain street names:
1. Robert Drive Robert Drive North Robert Drive South
Eliminate "North" and "South" from the official City Name.
2. Meadowwood Path vs. Meadowood Path
Maintain the official spelling as Meadowood Path
3. Hayhurst Drive, Road or Street
Maintain the official spelling as Hayhurst Road
4. Renya vs. Reyna Lane
Change the official spelling to match what the majority is using; Reyna Lane.
5. Park Ridge Avenue vs. Parkridge Avenue
Maintain the official spelling of Park Ridge Avenue
6. Hillandale Drive vs. Hillanddale Drive
Change Official Spelling to Hillandale Drive.
7. Glenorchy Place vs. Glenorchy Road
Maintain the official spelling of Glenorchy Place
8. Argyle Avenue vs. Argyll Avenue
Maintain the official spelling of Argyll Avenue.
9. Madeleine Avenue vs. Madeline Avenue
Maintain the official spelling as Madeleine.
10. Wood Hollow Lane vs. Woodhollow Lane
Maintain the official spelling as Wood Hollow La.
11. Sun Haven Drive vs. Sunhaven Drive
Maintain the official spelling as Sun Haven Drive.
12. Bellview Place vs. Belleview Place
Maintain the official spelling as Belleview Place.
13. Crestview Street vs. Crestview Place
Maintain the official spelling as Crestview Street.
14. Sprague Road vs. Sprague Avenue
Maintain official spelling as Sprague Avenue
15. The Boulevard East vs. Boulevard East
We are recommending that we drop the "THE" from "The Boulevard East" and officially make that section "Boulevard East"
16. Portman Road & Place
We recommend that the section off Potter Ave be changed to Portman Place
17. Van Guilder Ave vs. Guion Place
We recommend making the section of Van Guilder Ave, that remains between Guion Place and Division St an extension to Guion Place.
18. Baraud Road Baraud Road North and Baraud Road South
We recommend officially changing Baraud Road to Baraud Road North (from Wilmot Road Northward) and Baraud Road South (from Wilmot Road Southward).
19. Congress Street and Congress Place
We are recommending that the "dogleg" section that runs west off of Congress Street be renamed Congress Place. (This is for identification purposes only and does not obligate the City in any other format.)
20. Harbor Lane, Harbor Lane West, and Neptune Island Road
We recommend officially naming the section, West of the Glen Island approach road, Harbor Lane West
21. 200 Petersville Road & Fredrick B. Powers Square
We recommend that the Palmer Center is renumbered with a Palmer Avenue address, Petersville Road officially ends at Lynette Street and Powers Square be made a historical (no longer active) intersection.
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.