NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that Juan Barragan-Reyes, 21, of 88 Horton Avenue New Rochelle, New York was arraigned today on a 12 count indictment charging him with:
• one count of Manslaughter in the Second Degree, a class “C” Felony,
• two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter in the Second Degree, class “D” Felonies,
• one count of Unlawfully Fleeing a Police Officer, a class “D” Felony,
• two counts of Driving While Intoxicated, class “A” Misdemeanors,
• one count of Reckless Driving, a class “A” Misdemeanor under the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law,
• one count of Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle, a class “A” Misdemeanor under the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law,
• two counts of Speeding, a Violation of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law,
• one count of Harassment in the Second Degree, a Violation,
• one count of Unlawful Possession of Marijuana, a Violation.
relating to the death of Shaquan Jackson.
On October 6th, 2013, at approximately 11:55 p.m., a New Rochelle police officer was interviewing the defendant’s girlfriend, in front of her apartment on 4th St., regarding a domestic violence incident when the defendant drove up, in a Honda, stopped briefly, pointed his right index finger at his girlfriend and then drove away at a high rate of speed.
The victim was observed sitting in the front passenger seat.
The police officer entered his marked car and began to follow the defendant observing him driving at a high rate of speed through red lights at several intersections before losing sight of the defendant’s vehicle in the vicinity of Webster Ave. and Eastchester Rd.
The police officer continued to locate the defendant, who he came upon shortly after midnight on October 7th, in front of 754 Webster Ave.
The defendant’s vehicle had hit a tree and a retaining wall, before flipping over
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.