NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- The City School District issued a statement today on transportation issues which might exist starting Monday, May 19th.
Late Friday afternoon, May 16, workers at the Mile Square School Bus Company, one of the District's carriers, voted to strike beginning Monday morning, May 19. Alternate transportation arrangements have been made as indicated below for students normally transported by Mile Square.
1) All Barnard students and magnet school students whoattend Columbus, Jefferson and Webster Schools will be transported on a normal schedule.
2) All Special Education students (in-district, out-of-district, and BOCES) will be transported on a normal schedule.
3) Please be prepared for potential delays.
4) No bus transportation will be provided for students attending non-public schools.
5) No buses will be available for inter-scholastic sports
As the duration of the strike is unclear, please check here and the CSDNR website for additional updates.