NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- City School District of New Rochelle Construction Consultant Michael Orifici provided an updated to members of the District-Wide Health & Safety Committee at their public meeting on Friday July 22nd.
Orifici provided a summary of the current status of the two major capital construction projects underway this summer, both funded by the $106.5mm bond passed by New Rochelle voters in May.
Progress To-Date: Henry Barnard School
- Mobilization Complete
- Asbestos Decontamination & Abatement Throughout Interior & Exterior Complete
- Roof "M" Pavers Removed
- Auditorium Roof ("I") & Surrounding Flat Roofs ("G", "H", "J") Removed & Re-Installation Underway
- Rooftop Electrical Conduit & Fixtures Removed
- Masonry Pointing Work Underway; South-Facing Elevation Nearing Completion
- Masonry Joints Removed
- Rooftops "E ", "K" & "L" Being Prepared for Removal
- Roof Drains & Scupper Drains Removed & Replaced with New Fixtures
Progress To-Date: Daniel Webster School
- Mobilization Underway: Masonry Mobilization Complete
- Construction Trailer, Fencing & Staging area established of far end ofl31acktop Play Area
- Rooftop Electrical Components & Conduit Disconnected & Removed
- Asbestos Notifications Posted
- Scaffolding Construction Underway
- Masonry Pointing Work Underway
- Mortar & Brick Selection Process Underway
The work at Barnard School is expected to be completed in September. The work at Webster School will run until Thanksgiving.
For a description of the Safety Preparation for Each project and a Look Ahead on each project see the PowerPoint presentation linked here.