NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- The Department of Public Works, Bureau of Streets and Highways will begin Yard Waste Collection on Tuesday, April 7, 2015.
Residents are reminded that in order to be collected, yard waste must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day (6AM during summer months) in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Brush and branches: No longer than 4 feet in length with a diameter of no more than 3 inches, tied in bundles. DO NOT tie with fishing line, tape or metal wire.
- Grass, twigs, leaves and other loose yard waste: Place in open containers or biodegradable bags weighing no more than 75 lbs.
- Logs, stumps, stones, dirt, fruit, seaweed, clumps of grass, treated wood chips, root balls, acorns and other large debris WILL NOT BE COLLECTED and must be disposed of by the homeowner.
Click here for further information
Collection days and areas are as follows:
- Tuesday: From the north side of the Metro North Railroad/New Haven Line to Eastchester Road, Beechmont Drive, and Barnard Road
- Wednesday: From the north side of Quaker Ridge Road to the Scarsdale border
- Thursday:From Eastchester Road, Beechmont Drive and Barnard Road, both sides to the south side of Quaker Ridge Road
- Friday: The area south of the Metro North Railroad
When a holiday occurs on any of the collection days, Monday is the alternate collection day. Please do not put yard waste out for collection prior to the night before the scheduled collection day.
Yard waste collection will continue until October 30. For further information, visit here or contact the Yard Waste and Fall Leaves 24 hour hotline at 654-6510.