We previously reported on Mayor Noam Bramson's six figure sideline, working as a political consultant for Nita Lowey, but we were curious just how much $90,000 is for a sitting U.S. Congresswoman to dole out to a single individual? For some context, we took a look at all of the expenditures by Rep. Nita Lowey during the more recent election cycle to see how payments to Bramson compared to other campaign expenditures.
Even we were surprised to find that Noam Bramson was far and away the single largest individual recipient of Nita Lowey's campaign money during the 2007-2008 election cycle. Federal Election records show that during that period during which Bramson was paid $90,000 he was sixth overall on a list of 301 recipients of Lowey campaign funds and at the top of all individuals. Of the entire $401,400 Lowey spent on campaign expenses, Bramson received an astounding 22.4% of the total. In fact, of all monies raised by Lower during the most recent election cycle -- $1,394,481 - well more than five cents on the dollar flowed to Bramson. That's some serious cash. In fact, the roughly $140,000 Bramson takes in each year is close to what a rank-and-file Congresswoman makes -- $168,000. If the money keeps rolling in like this, Bramson would have to take a pay cut when the time comes to take Lowey's seat.
Here is a list of all expenditures or people/organizations over $10,000 by Rep. Nita Lower during 2007-2008.
1. $208,460: AMS Communications (San Francisco, CA) - direct mail
2. $143,055: Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte (Washington)
3. $126,203: Frost Group (Washington, DC) - fundraising consulting fee
4. $117,496: Impressive Paper & Envelope (Mamaroneck, NY)
5. $107,140: Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (Washington)
6. $90,000: Noam Bramson (New Rochelle, NY)
7. $66,808: Ditomasso, Kimberly (Breezy Point, NY)
8. $51,941: Peake Delancey Printers (Cheverly, MD) - postage
9. $40,322: Hilton Rye Town (Rye Brook, NY)
10.$35,200: Key Post Realty Corp (New Rochelle, NY)
11.$29,600: Mellman Group (Washington, DC) - Polling
12.$29,400: Direct Mail of New York (Buchanan, NY)
13.$21,794: Pcms Llc (Bethesda, MD) - Accounting
14.$21,110: New York State Democratic Cmte, New York, NY
15.$15,839: X2o Xaviars on the Hudson (Yonkers, NY) - catering
16.$15,800: Working Families Party (Brooklyn, NY)
17.$15,450: NGP Software, Washington, DC - software licensing fees
18.$10,000: NYS Democratic Senate Campaign Comm (Albany, NY)