NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- A faulty motor was determined to be the source of smoke that filled the Barnard Chidhood Center early Monday morning, according to the New Rochelle Fire Department.
A fire alarm went shortly after 2:30 a.m. on Monday. New Rochelle firefighters arrived soon after to find the school filled with smoke. After finding heavy smoke in the basement, fire fighters determined the cause of the fire to be a malfunctioning motor. After dealing with the motor, firefighters vented the building. Fire fighters remained on scene until about 4 a.m..