This is petition to encourage the Obama Administration to reverse the decision to give members of Congress a pay raise through an Executive Order. This is the least productive Congress since 1947. We should not be rewarding our elected officials with pay raises if they haven't done anything to deserve them. Each member of Congress will be getting $174,900 while many people are out of work and can't pay there bills. Congressman John Barrow supports this action and said “We believe that it is inappropriate for Members of Congress to receive a pay increase of any size while American families and taxpayers continue to face tough economic times." Until there is progress on the many issues facing the American people by Congress they should not be given any pay raises.
Stop the executive order giving pay raises to all Members of Congress
Most Popular Today
- 2011 Discussion and Vote on Maple Center Elderly Housing Project
- Cause of Action Releases Pt. III of Investigation into Bramson's Favorite Developer - Forest City
- Address to the Board of Education on Common Core
- Why is City of New Rochelle Stonewalling on Army Corps of Engineers Report?
- No Indictment in Police Involved Shooting of Samuel Cruz in New Rochelle
- Public Hearings for December 10th and 17lth