This is petition to encourage the Obama Administration to reverse the decision to give members of Congress a pay raise through an Executive Order. This is the least productive Congress since 1947. We should not be rewarding our elected officials with pay raises if they haven't done anything to deserve them. Each member of Congress will be getting $174,900 while many people are out of work and can't pay there bills. Congressman John Barrow supports this action and said “We believe that it is inappropriate for Members of Congress to receive a pay increase of any size while American families and taxpayers continue to face tough economic times." Until there is progress on the many issues facing the American people by Congress they should not be given any pay raises.
Stop the executive order giving pay raises to all Members of Congress
New Rochelle Voices
Mayo contends that there is no basis for the assertions by Mayor Noam Bramson that the Gadsden Flag belongs to any private party or entity. The removal of the flag from the Armory is nothing more than the suppression of the First Amendment.
Steve Mayo is an attorney and businessman. He is the host of The Steve Mayo Show on WVOX. He was the Republican nominee for City Council District 6 in 2011.
Most Popular Today
- Free Concert Postponed for Sunday May 26th Blood Sweat And Tears Performs Live at Glen Island New Rochelle for A Memorial Day Extravaganza Tomorrow
- Yet Another New Rochelle Schools Employee Arrested, Vicious Assault Leaves Man and Woman Seriously Injured, Second Man Found Unconscious with Fractured Skull
- Be Sure to Honor Memorial Day this Weekend in New Rochelle & Pelham
- New Rochelle UVMPA Hosting a Free Memorial Day Concert starring Blood Sweat and Tears at Glen Island Saturday May 25th
- Bob Cox for New Rochelle Schools
- Proposed Iona Dorm Hearing Revisited