Following up on previous public statements, Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino today made a formal request to the publisher of the Journal News, Janet Hasson, that she take down the interactive map on the newspaper’s website that identifies law abiding citizens who own guns and also lists their home addresses. In his letter (attached) Astorino states that the map “demonized individuals who did nothing wrong, violated their privacy and potentially put them and their families…in harm’s way.” Astorino also states that his request to take down the map is “based on public safety concerns and basic common sense.”
Westchester County Exec Makes Formal Request to Journal News: Take Down Gun Map
New Rochelle Voices
Mayo contends that there is no basis for the assertions by Mayor Noam Bramson that the Gadsden Flag belongs to any private party or entity. The removal of the flag from the Armory is nothing more than the suppression of the First Amendment.
Steve Mayo is an attorney and businessman. He is the host of The Steve Mayo Show on WVOX. He was the Republican nominee for City Council District 6 in 2011.
Most Popular Today
- School Board Candidates to be Featured at South End Civic League May 13
- Paula Izurieta, Sole Witness to Drowning Death of Mount Vernon Firefighter off New Rochelle Coast, Convicted of Burglary in Rockland County Case
- What ever happened to United We Stand, We need another stint in boot camp!
- Robert Cox Campaign for New Rochelle Board of Education 2013
- Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood?
- What is RSS, Why Use an RSS Reader and How to Get Started