Westchester County Police arrested eight persons on DWI charges early this morning while conducting roving DWI patrols and fixed sobriety checkpoints. Six motorists were charged with Driving While Intoxicated and two were charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs. One of the checkpoints was located at Webster Avenue in New Rochelle.
“Too often in Westchester we have seen the deadly consequences that result when people drive while impaired by alcohol or drugs. Every DWI arrest made by our officers is a potential tragedy averted,” said Westchester County Police spokesman Kieran O’Leary.
Arrested on DWI charges were:
- David Lowe, 51, of Rochelle Terrace, New Rochelle, was charged at 12:41 a.m. with Aggravated DWI, a felony, at a sobriety checkpoint on the northbound Bronx River Parkway at Oak Street in Yonkers. The charge is a felony due to a prior DWI conviction.
- Roshan Mohamed Badureen, 38, of Old Mamaroneck Road, White Plains, was arrested at 12:50 a.m. on a misdemeanor DWI charge following a traffic stop on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway at Wilmot Road in Scarsdale.
- Roberto Marrero, 23, of Derby, Conn., was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge at 4:07 a.m. following a traffic stop on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway at Webster Avenue in New Rochelle.
- Matthew Ricciardi, 22, of West Linwood Street, Mount Pleasant, was charged at 4:01 a.m. with Felony DWI at a sobriety checkpoint on the southbound Hutchinson River Parkway at Crane Road in Scarsdale. The charge is a felony because he has a prior DWI conviction.
- James Bailey, 29, of S. 7th Avenue, Mount Vernon, was arrested at 4:20 a.m. on a misdemeanor DWI charge at the Crane Road checkpoint.
- Neftaly Reyes, 34, of E. 169th Street, Bronx, was charged with misdemeanor DWI at 4:21 a.m. at the Crane Road checkpoint.
Two persons were charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs, a misdemeanor. They are:
- Dominick Lagravinese, 18, of Orchard Drive, North Castle was arrested at 1:04 a.m. following a traffic stop on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway at Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale.
- Errol Fernandes, 20, of Underhill Avenue, Yorktown, was arrested at 4:40 a.m. at the sobriety checkpoint on the northbound Bronx River Parkway at Oak Street in Yonkers. He was additionally charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd and 4th Degrees, after quantities of prescription pills were found in his possession. A computer check also revealed that the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency had filed a detainer for him.
All suspects were released on their own recognizance except for Fernandes, who is being held at the Westchester County Jail in Valhalla.