- Commenting: You cannot comment without registering. By registering, your comments appear immediately, your account name appears besides each comment and you get your own blog.
- Blogging: Any articles or "posts" you submit to your blog will appear immediately on the home page in the upper right corner under "Last 10 Articles" where it will remain until pushed down the list by more recent posts. Blogs will be promoted in several ways: in the left rail as "featured posts", in the list of RSS Feeds, in category-based aggregators in the Table of Contents in the right rail, sorted by subjects like Sports, Politics, and Education.
Will People Know Who I Am?
It is generally preferred that registered users sign up under their own name but Talk of the Sound recognizes that for various reasons people may not wish to be publicly identified on the Internet. You can register using ANY name you wish -- your actual name or a pseudonym. The registration process requires a valid email address which, in turn may use your actual name or a pseudonym so you can reveal as much or as little about yourself as you like. Keep in mind, however, that people tend to take others more seriously when they use their own name and stand by their own words. Also, the use of a pseudonym is not a license to violate someone else's privacy or defame them and it is possible that if you do break the law or cause someone harm you will be held accountable so always act appropriately whether you use your name or a "handle".
To get started at Talk of the Sound all you need is a User ID and Password. However, if you have not done so already you might want to read the About page which will explain what the site is all about. The most important thing to know about this site is that it is not a "news" site but rather a "community" site or "hyper-local blog" that relies on YOU to produce and publish the content. If you are a New Rochellian by birth, residence, schooling, business or just a visitor and have an opinion about New Rochelle you would like to express, or a story to tell, or a press release to distribute - or any other sort of news and information of relevance to New Rochelle - there is no need to ask permission or submit for review- just register and publish to your blog. Your post will then appear on the home page.
The registration link below will open a new window. Select a User Name and Password. Your user name can be your own name, the name of your organization or a pseudonym or "handle". Whichever User Name you select that will be the name that appears when you comment and will be the name of your blog. You can edit your User Name at any time.
--->>> Click this Link to Register <<<---
READ ME: The Basics of Blogging on Talk of the Sound
- How to Submit a Blog Post Directly to Talk of the Sound Using Your Web Browser
- How to Add a Comment to Talk of the Sound
- Use an RSS Reader to Monitor Talk of the Sound
- Using a Blog Editor to Write Blog Posts on Talk of the Sound
- Write Good Headlines for your Talk of the Sound Blog Posts
- 31 Tips for Getting Your Stories Found in Google New (Optify.com)
- Learn How to Add an Image to Your Blog Post
- Accept a Writing Assignment on the Assignment Desk
- Become a Photo Contributor
- Follow us on Twitter