NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- RDRXR, the real estate development company hired by the City of New Rochelle to manage the development of much of downtown New Rochelle, is advertising for a Community Liaison on Craigslist. The successful applicant will be from New Rochelle.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more by reading the 'About' section at sourcethestation.com, and the web site bristolrising.com and a New York Times article, You ‘Like’ It, They Build It. RDRXR considers their Bristol, CT project a sister project of their work in New Rochelle, NY.
The Community Liaison position is ideally suited for someone with strong communication skills and a dedication to improve their local community. The Liaison will interact with the New Rochelle community and represent Renaissance Downtowns-RXR Realty, a progressive, triple-bottom-line real estate development firm (i.e. pedestrian-oriented/walkable neighborhoods, human-scaled, green, attainably-priced, emphasis on local businesses) that is committed to building a downtown, which reflects the desires of the local community. The Liaison will facilitate involvement of the community in a groundbreaking "crowdsourced placemaking" (cspmgroup.com/crowdsourcedplacemaking) process, to help spark and empower people toward building engagement and consensus primarily through community meetings and speaking engagements, and to involve thousands of people in providing significant input via the website, social media and face-to-face engagement.
The job carries many responsibilities.
1. Manage and develop website content to cultivate New Rochelle CSPM voice.
2. Create and send out weekly newsletter updates, including informative graphics and charts.
3. Communicate via Facebook and Twitter at least several times a week (or day) with the goal of growing an online base.
4. Administer online survey and social networking website.
5. Email, text and rob-call blast to remind resident of monthly community meetings as well as events.
6. Write monthly community meeting summary reports.
1. Build strong working relationships with community stakeholders with a goal of working together.
2. Facilitate community meetings and events, including planning and evaluating.
3. Educate the larger community continuously on the crowdsourced placemaking benefits and process.
4. Represent both the voice of the crowd and the sponsoring developer, RDRXR.
5. Outreach to both english and spanish speaking communities, speaking Spanish is a plus.
6. Conduct outreach through neighborhood tabling, door-knocking, and house visits with potential leaders.
7. Identify and cultivate a core group of champions to help inform and articulate the redevelopment vision for New Rochelle.
8. Establish a diverse base of residents that will continuously participate in monthly community meetings and inform a vision for New Rochelle.
1. Stay informed about key community and policy issues impacting New Rochelle.
2. Maintain regular communication with CSPM Group managing director.
3. Report on monthly outreach goals and results.
1. MUST BE FROM NEW ROCHELLE (as this is a Community Liaison position, ties and knowledge of the local community is necessary)
2. MUST BE PEOPLE AND TECHNOLOGY SAVVY (GOOD COMPUTER AND INTERNET SKILLS)
3. ABILITY TO GAIN TRUST, MOTIVATE, AND SPARK AN INTEREST AMONG WIDE RANGE OF LOCAL RESIDENTS
4. ABILITY TO SUPPORT, TRACK AND INCREASE THE ONLINE AND FACE-TO-FACE INVOLVEMENT OF RESIDENTS
6. MUST BE COMFORTABLE ENGAGING FACE-TO-FACE WITH PEOPLE FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS
7. MUST HAVE COLLEGE DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT TO 5 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
8. MUST BE WILLING TO OCCASIONALLY WORK LATE AND WEEKEND HOURS
9. MUST BE WILLING TO GROW AND LEARN
To apply, visit the ad on Craigslist.